Tuesday 8 September 2015

A rough yet splendid day in LTA ?

As usual, first thing to do in the office every morning - to clear emails and to set up a draft work plan for the day. Fortunately enough, the morning was going smoothly according to plan, and followed up a rough afternoon where a few things just bumped into me in one go!

First of all, to attend the Design Meeting with full involvement, I had followed up my own part in all the design submissions and replies. However, I still missed out the issuance of C&S drawings from our Accredited Engineer (AE - ARUP) to WH. Lesson 1 learnt - always follow up any design drawings issued from Design team/AE with Carina, and to check on the date that project team issued to WH. In this case, WH had received it yet refuse to acknowledge the acceptance of the documents due to LTA had failed to produce an official transmittal. Personally think that WH could just raise this issue up in the meeting instead of blaming LTA has not issued to them AT ALL. Anyway, experience gained from this episode is to always check and follow up with the issuance of any drawings to our contractor.

Luckily, I managed to sort out the issue accordingly. From replying Ting Yong regarding the trial trench status of T205, attending the progress update to planner Ting Hee, arrange out our own site progress to be brief in the PD meeting tomorrow morning, follow up the drawings checklist to Ms Tam in WH, and finally to go on site to have more site knowledge for my own benefit! To add brilliance to my splendor afternoon, Tritech Wee Keat shared some important conversations between him and the irksome pd from contractor to me, and that gives me a better picture of the real feud and problem of the issues all along - Stage 2 Traffic Diversion and Entrance D traffic decking issues. I would not comment what will I gain from knowing this kinda issue, but I am honored to gain the trust from a principal engineer, and being acknowledged that I am actually working towards progress instead of creating unnecessary and diverted issues. I am delighted.

And, I will have to attend the PD meeting tomorrow, on behalf of our PM as the representative of T205 project team. I have done what I should have done, and hopefully everything will go smoothly tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment