Thursday 23 July 2015

Micro Managing

A monthly PGI was conducted this morning for our project T205 by SPM. Half an hour on site safety and environmental issue, and spent one and half hour pushing the progress of the project. And in this stage, both the engineers, me and Laurence had split the station into two major bits, and in-charge of respective area in terms of progression and site issues. 

So from now on, I will need to coordinate closely with the contractor site engineers to keep track on the progress. Starting from understanding the planned and forecast work, then micro manage their daily progress by ensuring their target of the day followed by reviewing the work progress by asking what is holding the work back and failed to achieve the daily target. In this context, I will need to work closely with Chen Kai, Edwin, Subbiah the site engineers to make sure the target is always achieved. Meanwhile, by closely monitoring the micro progress, I can learn more about site issues, coordination between sub-contractors and further improve the scheduling and planning of work with considering the site access and working space constraint. More to learn !

As for the admin conflict issue, I learn that we should not interfere the admin work with our wish. Anyway to respect each other, we need to engage the related person, sit down and discuss a solution where both of the parties could work together. I have to admit one lesson learnt from this episode - never interrupt and change someone's system with my own regards. Somehow I will need to engage the person before touching their things. Therefore, in my position, I will undo all the renaming of the files back to Carina's standard, then talk to German regarding the SPM solution in solving the conflict. Lastly, send out a comforting email to get back the harmony of the office. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment